A message from the Delaware Art Museum:
Nothing is more important to us than your health and safety, and we take seriously our responsibility as a civic institution that serves the public good. With that in mind, we will close to the public effective Saturday, March 14. We will continue to monitor developments with the novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) and regularly reassess this temporary closure. Our goal is to do everything we can to help curb the spread of this outbreak in Wilmington and beyond.
The Museum’s Copeland Sculpture Garden is available to the public from dawn to dusk. As you walk through this peaceful space, including our meditative Labyrinth in the Anthony N. Fusco Reservoir, we respectfully ask that you maintain safe social distances.
We thank you for your understanding and for being a part of the DelArt community. We will continue to share news with you and we look forward to welcoming you to the Museum when we reopen.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com. Please also consider following us on social media to stay up-to-date on the latest information.
About the Delaware Art Museum
The Delaware Art Museum is a private, not-for-profit arts organization. It is supported by earned and contributed income and is not owned or controlled by the State of Delaware. The Museum is best known for its large collection of British Pre-Raphaelite art, works by Wilmington-native Howard Pyle and fellow American illustrators, and urban landscapes by John Sloan and his circle.
Museum admission includes entry into all galleries, including the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions. There is no additional fee for any exhibitions.
Museum Members: FREE
Students (w/valid ID): $7
Youth (ages 7 – 18): $6
Children 6 and under: FREE
Free Sundays Presented by DuPont. Admission is free on Sundays and after 4:00 p.m. on Thursdays from April to December.
Hours & Contact Info
Wednesday: 10 am – 4 pm
Thursday: 10 am – 8 pm
(4 pm closing from January – March)
Friday – Sunday: 10 am – 4 pm
Monday and Tuesday: Closed
Parking: Our convenient and FREE on-site parking is located just behind the museum and is accessible from the main entrance on Kentmere Parkway.
The Museum is located at 2301 Kentmere Parkway, Wilmington, Delaware 19806. View Map
Sign up here to subscribe to the Museum’s E-Bulletin, a regularly sent e-mail delivering the latest Museum news.
Eat & Shop
At the Thronson Café, our culinary team prepares light fare and gourmet coffee. Seating in the Café provides a bright and airy view of the Copeland Sculpture Garden. Free Wi-Fi is available. Learn more.
The Museum Store offers a wide variety of treasures, including books, prints, jewelry, and an exclusive collection of art glass. Cards, vases, textiles, and designer items make perfect gifts. Exhibition catalogs and posters allow you to take a piece of the Museum home with you. Learn more.
- Museum Members: If you become a Member of the Delaware Art Museum, your admission is free every day. Learn more.
- Free Thursday Evenings and Sundays:Free Sundays Presented by DuPont. Admission is free on Sundays and after 4:00 p.m. on Thursdays from April to December.
- Personal Care Attendants of guests with disabilities are admitted to the Museum free of charge.
- Veterans Day Discount: Admission is free for all veterans and active military on Veterans Day.
- Blue Star Museums offers free admission for military families: The Museum joins 1,500 museums across the country to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families! This program, called Blue Star Museums, is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, and the Department of Defense. A valid military ID is required for free admission for up to five family members.
- Bank of America and Merrill Lynch cardholders: Take advantage of Bank of America’s Museums on Us program on the first full weekend of every month. Each cardholder gets one free general admission to the Museum. Learn more.
- AAA Members: Show your card and save $1.00 off your admission.
- WHYY Members: WHYY Members who show their Member card may purchase one adult admission and get one free.
Delaware Art Museum featured in Brandywine Museums & Garden Alliance commercial (60 seconds)
Mission Statement: The Delaware Art Museum connects people to art, offering an inclusive and essential community resource that through its collections, exhibitions, and programs generates creative energy that sustains, enriches, empowers, and inspires.
Photography Policy: Many of the artworks cannot be photographed due to copyright restrictions. Please ask one of our security staff before taking any pictures. The use of flash, tripods or video cameras is prohibited in the museum without prior permission.
Keeping our artwork safe: Even the lightest touch can damage a work of art. Please do not touch the art or outside sculptures. Be careful to keep your hands, bags, bodies and other people accompanying you a safe distance from the artwork. Your great-great-grandchildren will thank you.