Guided tours are available by reservation for groups of 10 or more. Four to six weeks advance notice is recommended.
Hours for Guided Tours
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Group Admission Rates for both Guided and Self-Guided Tours
$10 Adults, $8 Seniors, $5 College Students
For reservations, click the button below or contact Erica Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302.351.8549.
Guided Tour Topics
Explore the Museum’s Collection
- Collection Highlights (1 hour) View a selection of masterpieces from the permanent collection, which includes American art and illustration from the 19th century to the present and the British Pre-Raphaelite movement of the mid-19th century.
- British Pre-Raphaelites (1 hour) The Pre-Raphaelites rejected the conventions of their day and focused on the past, particularly the Middle Ages—the time “before Raphael.” Their subjects were drawn primarily from literature, including Shakespeare, the Bible, and Arthurian legend. The museum’s collection of Pre-Raphaelite art is the largest outside the United Kingdom.
- Howard Pyle & American Illustration (1 hour) Howard Pyle filled his riveting illustrations with drama and emotion, and his iconic pirates serve as the inspiration for pirates in popular culture to this day. A number of works by Pyle’s students, including N. C. Wyeth and Maxfield Parrish, and other famous illustrators are also on display.
- Contemporary Painting & Sculpture (1 hour) From the American Scene to Abstract Expressionism and Pop Art to Postmodernism, the Museum features American masterpieces by major artists such as Edward Hopper, Jacob Lawrence, Robert Motherwell, Louis Nevelson, and Dale Chihuly. Outside, contemporary sculptures can be experienced in the region’s first Sculpture Garden.
- Special Exhibitions (1 hour) Click here to view upcoming exhibitions at the Museum.
NEW! Tours with a Twist
- Love & Lies Treasure Hunt (45 min) Intriguing drama and beautiful images are the focus of this enticing tour and treasure hunt through the museum galleries.
- Love, Lies & Oil Paint (1 hour) Explore intriguing tales of romance, deceit and treachery in the artworks from the British Pre-Raphaelite and Howard Pyle collections.
- Curses, Spells and other Bewitching Tales (1 hour) Discover enchanting tales with beautiful sirens, medieval spells, cursed pirates and witches who are the subject of folklore and legends.
Talks by Museum Curators
Click here for information about Curator Talks.
Group Menu Options
Enjoy an elegant meal in East Court, a museum setting, for groups numbering 20 or more. Click here for detailed menu.
Suggested Group Tour Packages & Itineraries
Just 30 miles south of Philadelphia, the Delaware Art Museum is only minutes away from Longwood Gardens, Winterthur Museum & Country Estate, Hagley Museum & Library. Brandywine River Museum of Art and Nemours Mansion and Gardens.
Click one of the following for a group tour package or itinerary.
|One Day Packages:||Includes:|
|Fine Art and High Tea||High Tea at the Hotel DuPont and the Delaware Art Museum|
|Art & Flowers||Longwood Gardens and the Delaware Art Museum|
|Master Artists of the Brandywine Valley||Brandywine River Museum and the Delaware Art Museum|
|Art and Gunpowder!||Hagley Museum and the Delaware Art Museum|
|One-Day Itineraries of the Brandywine Valley|
The Delaware Art Museum welcomes visitors with disabilities. For more information, please visit our Accessibility page, located under Visit on the main menu.
Tours during Non-Museum Hours
Groups may visit during our closed hours by special appointment. A Museum Rental Fee will be charged and is based upon the size of the group and the museum space that is used.