The Delaware Art Museum Council’s Holiday House Tour is set for Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Six beautiful homes will be decorated for the holidays and ready for you to explore. One of the homes you’ll visit is the top winner in Delaware Today’s 2018 Home Design Awards, named best in three categories: Architecture, Traditional; Outdoor Room; and Whole Home Design.
$35 if you pick tickets up at the Museum or buy at retail outlets
$39 if we mail them to you
The theme for this year’s tour – Celebrating Timeless Classics – started as just an idea; we didn’t have any houses. We wanted to enlist local builders and architects to help choose beautiful homes, but we didn’t know what we’d discover. Now, after visits to these homes ourselves, we realize that we are lucky to be invited into the new grand homes of the Brandywine Valley. The residences have been built for today’s style of living – gracious, relaxed, family oriented – and will surely stand the test of time.
Thank you to our presenting sponsors, Dewson Construction, Period Architecture and Porter Construction who identified these homes for us. The six are all different; some definitely reflect the heritage of the stone farmhouses of the past, but others chart new territory.
Doors will be open on December 8 to:
- Elegant Highlands Classic on Kentmere Parkway
- New English Country Manor in Greenville
- Fox Hollow, the beautifully appointed home of one of our sponsors
- Surprise Prairie Style residence set among the Brandywine Valley rolling hills
- Tranquil Retreat, minimalist in decoration yet so inviting and restful
- Chester County Hillside Estate, where attention to architectural detail and spacious rooms and vistas entice us to linger