The Delaware Art Museum Council’s Holiday House Tour is Set for Saturday, December 8, 2018.
The theme for this year’s tour – Celebrating Timeless Classics – started as just an idea; we didn’t have any houses. We wanted to enlist local builders and architects to help choose beautiful homes, but we didn’t know what we’d discover. Now, after visits to these homes ourselves, we realize that we are lucky to be invited into the new grand homes of the Brandywine Valley. The residences have been built for today’s style of living – gracious, relaxed, family oriented – and will surely stand the test of time.
Thank you to our presenting sponsors, Dewson Construction, Period Architecture and Porter Construction who identified these homes for us. The six are all different; some definitely reflect the heritage of the stone farmhouses of the past, but others chart new territory.
Doors will be open on December 8 to:
- Elegant Highlands Classic on Kentmere Parkway
- New English Country Manor in Greenville
- Fox Hollow, the beautifully appointed home of one of our sponsors
- Surprise Prairie Style residence set among the Brandywine Valley rolling hills
- Tranquil Transitional Retreat, minimalist in decoration yet so inviting and restful
- Chester County Hillside Estate, where attention to architectural detail and spacious rooms and vistas entice us to linger
There is still time for you to advertise in our program booklet.