June 29, 2017
Bring the fireworks indoors for the 4th of July with this explosive tutorial from our #DAMCreative Educators.
Here’s what it takes:
- Glazed tiles
- Permanent markers
- A spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- A pipette
- A lighter
- Create a colorful pattern on your tile with markers. Don’t worry about being too neat!
- Using a pipette, cover the surface of the tile with alcohol.
- Use the lighter to set fire to the alcohol. Once all of the alcohol is burned off, the flame will extinguish.
- To add a little extra flare, spray tile with alcohol from the bottle to create small spots.
- Run the flame of your lighter over the surface of the tile to ensure that these spots are set.