Expressionistic and Abstract Painting Techniques
June 22, 2019 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
$85 Members, $100 Non-Members
Learn a variety of techniques using mark making and color application to explore the concepts behind non-representational painting.
30 minute lunch break. All levels.
Instructor: Eo Omwake
- Canvases or panels: bring enough surfaces to do 19 projects. For example: 20 6”x6” canvas boards, gessoed masonite boards, or canvasas.
- Painting supplies: if you have experience, bring what you typically use. If new to painting, consider:
- Assortment of brushes, such as small, medium, and large flat bristle brushes and round bristle brushes.
- Cloth rags
- Paint cups (no glass)
- Disposable palette and palette knife
- Painting medium (depending on type of paint)
- Paints (either acrylic or water based oils:
- Economic set: black, white and burnt umber
- For a full set:
- cadmium orange hue
- cadium yellow hue
- cadium red hue
- ulramarine blue
- burnt umber
- permanent green
- yellow ocre
- raw sienna
- Pthalo green or viridian green
- purple / violet