Bus Trip to Biggs Museum of American Art and Woodburn Mansion
Please join us for a day in Dover. We will be visiting the Biggs Museum in the morning with a tour, and in the afternoon, we will be touring Woodburn Mansion and Gardens.
The Biggs Museum is ‘dedicated to promoting an understanding and appreciation of the fine and decorative arts of Delaware, the Mid-Atlantic Region and the Nation from 1700 to the present’. Below are the descriptions of the two special exhibits that will be at the Museum.
Rebecca Raubacher: Drawings and Paintings
August 2 – October 20, 2019 – With shades from her past, the subjects of Raubacher’s paintings take form spontaneously at the intersection of gender, power, family and grace. This important one-woman show will feature recent works of figural studies by one of the Peninsula’s greatest talents.
Biggs Body 2019 Juried Exhibition Application
September 6 – November 17, 2019 – After years of successfully hosting juried art competitions for photographers and landscape artists of the Mid-Atlantic Region, The Biggs Museum is proud to introduce a new juried competition and exhibition concept of art forms featuring the human and animal figures. This exhibition will present art from all visual art media including, but not limited to: painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, craft, fiber, installation and video. The juried competition will select the top 50 – 60 works that most successfully interpret, evoke or respond to the body.
Your day will include round-trip motor coach, a guided tour of the Museum, lunch at the Grey Fox Grille, a tour of Woodburn Mansion and time for exploring on your own.
Contact Marie Cordivano at 302.351.8572 or click the “Tickets” button above to register.
$80 Members, $90. Non-Members.*
Schedule (subject to change):
- 8:30 a.m. Bus departs from the Delaware Art Museum
- 9:30 a.m. Arrive at the Biggs Museum
- 10:00 a.m. First group tours the Special Exhibit; second group roams the Museum
- 10:45 a.m. Switch groups for tour
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch at the Grey Fox Grille
- 2:00 p.m. Tour of Woodburn Mansion
- 3:15 p.m. Time on your own
- 4:15 p.m. Bus departs from Dover
- 5:15 p.m. Bus arrives back at Delaware Art Museum **
Beverages: Soft Drinks, Tea, and Coffee
First Course: House Salad or Bowl of Soup
Entrée Choices: (you will choose your entrée and sides at the restaurant)
- Chicken Salad Sandwich – Homemade chicken salad on a soft bun or wrap, lettuce, tomatoes, and onion. (no nuts)
- Grey Fox Burger – 6 oz. of fresh-never frozen-patties on a bun w/lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Add cheese.
- Veggie Skewers – Seasonal veggies, skewered and grilled. Healthy light fare!
- Lettuce Wedge – ¼ Head of iceberg lettuce with bacon, bleu cheese crumbs, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and croutons.
- Grey Fox Amazing Hamlet Sandwich – Grilled ham, provolone cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato on Texas toast with their signature Hamlet sauce.
Sides: Seasoned hot tots, Pasta salad or Coleslaw
Dessert: Chefs selection of seasonal desserts
Cash Bar: Available
*Reservation fee includes transportation, admission, lunch, gratuity and light snack and wine on return trip and the driver’s gratuity. Registrations will be recorded in the order in which they are received. Payment must be made at time of registration. Trip is rain or shine.
**Return time is approximate and may be affected by traffic, weather, etc.