Sam Sweet (2016-Present)
Sam Sweet has a track record of leading arts organizations through times of transformative change. He served as the Executive Director of the Atlas Performing Arts Center in Washington, D.C., launching a number of critically-acclaimed music and theatre programs. He also served as Managing Director of the Signature Theatre in Arlington, Virginia, and contributed to the success of The Shakespeare Theatre in Washington, D.C., helping it to become one of the largest nonprofit theaters in the country. From 2008 – 2009 he held the role of Chief Operating Officer for the Corcoran Gallery of Art and College of Art and Design. Prior to joining the Delaware Art Museum, Sam Sweet taught at George Mason University’s Masters in Arts Management program and owned a consulting practice that aided nonprofits in building organizational capacity. He is civically active, having served on the boards of the D.C. Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Business Improvement District, Arlington Economic Development Commission, Cultural Alliance of Greater Washington, and Leadership Greater Washington, and was a founding board member of the Cultural Development Corporation. Sweet holds a master’s degree in business administration from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and his bachelor of arts degree in art history from Columbia University.

Michael Miller (2013-2016)
Mike joined the museum in March 2007 as Chief Financial Officer.  He was appointed interim Chief Executive Officer on September 1, 2013 and served in that capacity until June 30, 2016. Mike worked a combined 26 years with E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Company and The DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Company.  He held numerous finance staff and management positions with DuPont, including financial manager for DuPont’s operations in Latin America and a five-year assignment in Europe handling DuPont’s merger and acquisition activities.  He played a key role in the formation and implementation of the DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Company in 1990, a 50/50 joint venture between Merck and DuPont.  He joined DuPont Merck in 1991 as Controller and was appointed Sr. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer in February 1995.  Mike retired in June 1999.

Danielle Rice (2005- 2013)
Dr. Rice joined the Museum following nineteen distinguished years at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. During her tenure there Dr. Rice served as Curator of Education (1986-1997), Senior Curator of Education (1997-2001), and Associate Director for Program since 2001. As Associate Director for Program, she oversaw the departments of Special Exhibitions, Education, Publications, the Library and the Archives.Dr. Rice has also headed the education departments of the Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford, Connecticut and the National Gallery in Washington, D.C.She has over twenty-five years experience in designing and implementing innovative new programs to communicate art to the public, working with diverse community members and through community partnerships. She shared with the Delaware Art Museum a dedication to making museums more accessible, visitor friendly, and community minded.

Stephen T. Bruni (1985-2005)
Steve Bruni was appointed Director of the Delaware Art Museum in 1985. Previously, Bruni served as Deputy Director for Administration and as Acting Director since August of 1985. Bruni started at the Museum by assisting in the preparation and installation of exhibitions and providing administrative support to the office of the Director, then Bruce St. John. Over the years, Bruni has been instrumental in establishing The Museum Store, Art Sales & Rental Gallery, and Docent Program. He has continued to supervise a growing staff and work in all phases of financial development for the Museum – from coordinating the Beaux Arts Ball to soliciting corporate funding for the operating budget, exhibitions and two major capital campaigns.

Robert H. Frankel (1980-1985) 
Robert Frankel was appointed Director of the Delaware Art Museum in 1980. Under Frankel’s administration the Delaware Art Museum experienced significant growth and change. His goal upon arrival in 1980 was to help make the Delaware Art Museum a more accessible and provocative visual arts institution. Frankel was instrumental in establishing a substantial accessions fund, bringing quality exhibitions and related programming to the community and helping to lay the groundwork for the Museum’s expansion project.

Charles L. Wyrick, Jr. (1973-1979)
Charles L. Wyrick, Jr. was appointed Director of the Delaware Art Museum in 1973. During Wyrick’s administration, the Museum experienced the establishment of The Museum Store, the Art Sales & Rental Gallery, and the Collectors’ Circle. Wyrick directed the Museum during a time of economic prosperity, when grant funding from various agencies enabled the Museum to expand to greater audiences within the state of Delaware while refining the permanent collection for exhibitions, programs and further educational endeavors.

Bruce St. John (1957-1973)
Bruce St. John served as Curator of the John Sloan Collection, Curator of the Pre-Raphaelite Collection and Assistant Director for the Delaware Art Center prior to his promotion as Executive Director. St. John ushered an era of professionalism and innovation for the Museum. Under his administration the Museum experienced the founding of the Friends of Art, establishment of the Downtown Gallery, and two major renovations of the Museum’s storage and gallery spaces. St. John served as director during the changing of the Art Center’s name to the Delaware Art Museum and subsequent accreditation from the American Association of Museums.

Constance Moore (1938-1957)
Constance Moore served as Curator of the Wilmington Society of the Fine Arts – as the Delaware Art Museum was initially known – from 1931 to 1938 and Director of the Delaware Art Center since its opening in June 1938. Ms. Moore served with the Society for 26 years, years in which it developed from a membership of 601 to 1149 at the time of her resignation; from occupation of a gallery and two smaller rooms on the second floor of the Library Building (open seven afternoons a week ten months of the year) to the Art Center building (open three hundred and sixty days of the year) with its extensive program of exhibits, lectures, free concerts, classes and educational work.