Samuel Bancroft, Jr. (1840–1915) was a successful Wilmington textile manufacturer who amassed one of the most important collections of Pre-Raphaelite art in America, with special emphasis on the works of Dante Gabriel Rossetti. The Samuel and Mary R. Bancroft Pre-Raphaelite Manuscript Collection includes correspondence and transaction records relating to his art collection, photographs, exhibition catalogs, handwritten manuscripts, and the personal letters of some of the Pre-Raphaelites and their associates.
- Finding Aid for the Samuel and Mary R. Bancroft Pre-Raphaelite Manuscript Collection
- Browse all items in the collection
Browse the collection by series:
- Samuel Bancroft, Jr. – correspondence and transactions
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti – correspondence
- Fanny Cornforth – correspondence
- Browse all correspondence
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti – poetry manuscripts
- Catalogue of Paintings and Photographs of the Collection of Samuel Bancroft, Jr.