Volunteer Applications are not being accepted at this time, due to a restructuring of the program
The Delaware Art Museum has a strong and diverse volunteer group. These individuals provide a valuable service by offering their time and talent to support, strengthen and improve the Museum, which ultimately strengthens and improves our Community. Duties and time commitment vary according to Museum needs. The majority of volunteers work on an on-call basis. Details of current opportunities are listed below.
Guides are volunteer tour guides and educators who are essential to fulfilling the Museum’s educational mission. They promote the enjoyment of art through leading interactive tours and offsite presentations for a range of visitors and by facilitating hands-on art lessons for schools. Guides are an active community of Museum Members who train together annually, learn about art from experts, and build gallery teaching skills through practice. Contact Amelia Wiggins, Manager of Gallery Learning and Interpretation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302.351.8503 for more information.
Library Assistants are needed to help with shelving books and other various projects. Shifts are flexible weekdays, Monday through Friday. The time commitment varies, but most shifts are approximately 1.5-2 hours per week. Computer skills are helpful but not required. This is a good opportunity if you enjoy books and people, are friendly, can think quickly, and have an eye for detail. There are no Library Assistant volunteer opportunities at this time.
College Internships are available throughout the year on a limited basis. Curatorial and Education Internships are available in the summer as well as during the school semester. Available internships are posted below:
The Delaware Art Museum Council is a volunteer women’s committee charged with fundraising for the Museum. Each year, they present the Holiday House Tour in December. They also sponsor the lovely flower arrangements that grace the Museum’s Front Desk, which change every Wednesday, and they have recently supported the Museum’s exhibitions, the Red Apple Fund, and conservation of art in the Museum’s collection. Contact Harriett Mueller at email@example.com or 302.429.6201 for more information.
Education & Event Volunteers
Education Volunteers are needed to assist with children’s art activities, family programs, and summer camp. These programs are offered throughout the year, and the time commitment varies with each program. This is a good opportunity if you enjoy working with children, are friendly, would like to meet new people, and enjoy big, fun events.
Teen volunteers (ages 15 – 18) are needed for Summer Art Camp! To apply, please fill out this form: Volunteer Application
Volunteers are needed to help with events at the Museum.
- Museum Ambassadors provide a welcome and friendly orientation to our galleries, a strong knowledge of our collection to answer visitor questions, and a congenial bridge between our guests and security officers. (Some training is involved).
- Greeters welcome visitors and direct them to check-in or specific event locations and disseminate information about the event.
- Registration Assistants help at the front desk to check-in pre-registered and non-registered participants. With additional training, volunteers will assist in the processing of transactions.
- Counters are located at entrances and check-in stations to tally the number of attendees.
- Floaters roam the event, anticipating any issues and report back to event leaders.
Contact Marie Cordivano, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302.351.8572 for more information.