The Delaware Art Museum is seeking a detail-oriented individual to assist with the coordination of its studio art programs, which include quarterly adult and youth art classes and summer art camp. The Studio Coordinator will assist the Manager of Studio Learning & Creative Engagement by helping to maintain four art studios and related supplies, communicate with students and parents of students, track registrations, and provide hands on support during the Museum’s popular summer art camp.
This is a flexible part time position, approximately 14 hours per week from September through May. From June through August the hours are 40 per week, Monday – Friday to assist with Summer Art Camp. Occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues, and win customer loyalty.
- Congenial attitude when responding to student and customer feedback.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences comprised of adults, children and families.
- Experience MS Office Suite and data management software and the ability to learn new systems.
- High school education required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Use Altru database to process class and camp registrations.
- Generate class rosters, distribute policies, and create directional signage.
- Assist with communications to students and parents, manage forms and paperwork.
- Maintain art supplies. Track supply budget and organize classroom supplies.
- Coordinate figure models for classes.
- Coordinate and process evaluations for studio classes and camps.
- Maintain studio class calendar.
- Help coordinate teambuilding activities and art therapy initiatives.
- Assist with summer art camp by greeting and releasing campers every day, supervising camper breaks and lunches, serving as initial point of contact for parents and teachers, and fostering a fun and positive learning environment.
We invite you to apply. Please send a cover letter, and resume to HR@Delart.org. The rate of pay is $15/hour.
The Delaware Art Museum is committed to inclusivity and encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply. Delaware Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Museum
A unique regional art museum, the Delaware Art Museum is located on an 11-acre site in the Brandywine Valley within easy driving distance of Philadelphia. It features an internationally renowned collection of British Pre-Raphaelite art; a significant contemporary art collection; and spectacular holdings of American painting, sculpture, and work on paper, with particular strengths in the art of John Sloan, the Ashcan School, Howard Pyle, and American illustration art. With enhanced education programs and services such as a unique research library, an interactive gallery for young children, a café and an expanded store, the Museum serves a broad, diverse, and growing community.