Delaware Art Museum is currently seeking an experienced art instructor to oversee Thursday morning metalsmithing open studios beginning in winter 2019 and transition into teaching daytime metalsmithing classes.
This Studio Art Instructor will provide quality instruction on jewelry making and small scale metal sculptures for a range of skill levels, cultivate a community of learners, and promote a positive and supportive learning environment. This instructor will work with the Studio Programs Manager to design informative and fun adult classes for those interested in learning basic metalsmithing techniques and for current students looking to advance their skill level. Open studios and classes are eight to ten weeks long and meet once a week for three hours.
- BFA from an accredited college/university or demonstrated success as a teaching artist.
- Prior teaching experience in an educational setting or informal learning environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in his/her field.
- Knowledge of various metalsmithing techniques and processes.
- Experience with studio maintenance and safety.
- Ability to work with a wide-range of skill levels, personalities, and backgrounds and modify teaching strategies to optimize learning.
- Ability to advocate for his/her classes and the Delaware Art Museum.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm for teaching.
- Eager to experiment and try new things.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, two professional references, and 3 – 5 images of current work and/or student work (artist website or electronic files acceptable) to Human Resources at HR@delart.org. Deadline: January 1