The Holiday House Tour is back! After a brief hiatus in 2013, this beloved Delaware Art Museum Council event returns for its 29th season.
This year’s Tour will focus on historic Brandywine Valley barns bedecked for the holiday season and spectacular artisan shopping at the Museum on BOTH Friday night, as part of the Museum’s Art is After Dark program, and during Tour day.
Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 the day of the Tour. Tickets will be available by credit card at delartholidayhousetour.org or at the Delaware Art Museum. Online ticket sales will be available until December 11. Those who purchase their tickets on or before November 28 will receive the printed guide in the mail; all tickets purchased after this date will need to be picked up at the Museum during regular hours or on Tour day. Each Holiday House Tour ticket will include one holiday raffle ticket. Prizes will be drawn at 3:30 p.m in the Museum. You do not need to be present to win.
Funds raised from the 2014 Holiday House Tour will support the Delaware Art Museum’s Education Department and its implementation of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) iniativies, which will explore the link between science and art.
The Tour includes five barns within short driving distance from one another. Four of the barns are historic properties that have been fully renovated with modern amenities while keeping many of the original features in tact. One barn is new construction. All but one are heated. The barns are not wheelchair or walker friendly. Featured barns include:
- A stylish guest-house barn built in the 1790s
- An imaginative “entertainment” barn built in 1821
- A gorgeous Applecross barn with gardens registered with Smithsonian’s Gardens of America collection
- A newly built “green” barn with a western flair
- A rustic 1870 barn made of original wood and Wilmington Blue Rock
- Nancy Butler – Alley Cat Jewelry Studios (Handcrafted beaded jewelry)
- Angela Colasanti of Plum Blossom Jewelry, Ltd (Jewelry)
- Karyn Warner Hammock (Art jewelry & mixed metal clocks)
- Rebekah Helton (Photography)
- Maureen Kamerick (Hand-dyed silk accessories)
- Maria Keane (Abstract paintings)
- Diane Treacy Keesee (Handpainted silk, handpainted silk scarves)
- Meg Kennedy (Book Arts)
- Pam Levin, Nivell Jewelry (Silver & leather jewelry)
- Tom Longacre (Functional stoneware)
- Mitch Lyons (Clay monoprints & pots)
- Leslie Marsh (Book arts)
- Jane Kavanagh Morton (Ceramic sculpture)
- Diane Podolsky (Linocuts, etchings, and monotypes)
- Kathy Robinson (Batik & hand-dyed silk wearables)
- MARZBAGZ by Marlene Sontchi (Fabric art handbags)
- John A. Styer (Turned wood)
- Marcie Tauber (Glass artist)
- Beth Trepper (Fine art photography)
- Amy Valuck (Stained glass)
Visitors are also encouraged to shop in the Museum Store. From Black Friday through December 31, all Museum Members receive a 20% discount in the Store (regular discount for Museum Members is 10%).
- 11 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. UD Master Players Concert Series Young Ambassador (Ms. Gabriella Stout)
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. The Cathedral Choir of Delaware
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Cab Calloway Jazz Choir
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Cab Calloway Middle School Choir
Tickets and complete home descriptions, performance information, and artisan profiles will be available on November 1.
Winter Arts Festival shopping available on Friday, December 12 from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. during Art is After Dark and on Saturday, December 13 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.