Connected is a new program series featuring events produced by the community, for the community. All events are free and open to the public.
Upcoming Connected Events
Thursday, November 21 | 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Enjoy the sounds of the Caribbean with a concert of new music and Calypso. Originating in Trinidad, Calypso combines clarinet, percussion, and steel pan to create distinctive tropical beats and rhythms. Arrive early and try out the percussion instrument petting zoo. Free. Family Friendly.
Plan a Connected Program
Have an idea for a future Connected program?
Program proposals for Connected events should address the following goals:
- Be creatively inspired by arts and culture.
- Encourage community engagement.
- All Connected programs must be free and open to the public.
- All Connected programs should take place during the Museum’s free admission hours:
- Thursdays, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sundays, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Other days may be available pending program format, budget and Museum approval.
- Audience size may vary depending on your idea. We have hosted Connected events for 30 guests, and for 900.
- The Museum does not accept applications for fundraising programs.
Once your proposal has been approved, Delaware Art Museum staff will reach out to meet with you about your event. You will be provided with the Museum’s policies and procedures, and we will work together to plan the details of your Connected program. In the month before your event, expect to meet with us weekly.
Questions? Contact us!
Community Connections & Performance Programs Specialist