Connected is a new program series featuring events produced by the community, for the community. All events are free and open to the public.
Upcoming Connected Programs
A Day of Women’s Performances
Sunday, June 25 | 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Presented by the Regional Center for Women in the Arts
Join the Regional Center for Women in the Arts in celebrating the performances of local women artists with live poetry, a one-act play, and a contemporary dance performance by Pieces of a Dream.
Respect to the Queenz
Sunday, August 13 | 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Presented by 302 Guns Down and Guerilla Republik
Join 302 Guns Down for a showcase of women artists in hip-hop culture with breakdancing workshops, DJs, poetry, and graffiti artists. Work from local artists will also be on view.
Healing Through Art / Curando a Través del Arte
Thursday, August 17 | 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Presented by Latin American Community Center, Helen F. Graham Cancer Center at Christiana, and Cancer Support Community Delaware
Enjoy an evening of entertainment, creating, and inspiration with art created by breast cancer patients and survivors and a series of healing arts workshops. Meet local women who have walked the path of cancer, and learn about cancer prevention and therapeutic initiatives in our community.
Plan a Connected Program
Have an idea for a future Connected program? Submit a proposal for Connected 2017!
Program proposals for Connected events should address the following goals:
- Be creatively inspired by arts and culture.
- Encourage community engagement.
Timeline for applying
Apply by January 30, 2017 for late Spring, Summer, and Fall 2017 Connected events.
- All Connected programs must be free and open to the public.
- All Connected programs should take place during the Museum’s free admission hours:
- Thursdays, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sundays, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Other days may be available pending program format, budget and Museum approval.
- Audience size may vary depending on your idea. We have hosted Connected events for 30 guests, and for 900.
- The Museum does not accept applications for fundraising programs.
Once your proposal has been approved, Delaware Art Museum staff will reach out to meet with you about your event. You will be provided with the Museum’s policies and procedures, and we will work together to plan the details of your Connected program. In the month before your event, expect to meet with us weekly.
Questions? Contact us!
Family and Community Programs Manager
Delaware Art Museum
2301 Kentmere Parkway
Wilmington, DE 19806