Tuesdays, April 22 – June 10 (8 weeks)
This watercolor class is designed to provide students with all the necessary skills to take command of their watercolor paintings. Classes will cover materials, techniques, and paint application methods that keep watercolors fresh and airy.
View Supply List
- Arches Watercolor Block, cold pressed 12″ x 16″
- Watercolors Set – Windsor Newton tube paints (or Sketcher’s Pocket Box Set/Field Set/Compact Set). Recommended for Beginner’s: Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Red, Rose Madder Genuine, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Cerulean, Cobalt Blue, Viridian, Sap Green, French Ultramarine, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Paynes Gray.
- Brushes – Set of white synthetic brushes. Look for a mix of points and rounds and at least 1 larger flat.
- Palette – Use a large, white plastic palette that has a lid and a large enough area for mixing colors. (other options: white ceramic or butcher tray palette)
- Water containers (plastic)
- Pencil, eraser, old sketchbook/paper
- Toothbrush, liquid masking fluid, salts, 2 ft. of plastic wrap, old white candle or white crayon, an old dull knife or palette knife, sponge, paper towel or tissues, q-tips and rubbing alcohol (all optional)
- Artist’s white tape, ruler (optional)
- Hair dryer with extension cord (optional)